UPDATE FOR our neighbors living near Great Western’s Ivey Site:
The Adams County Board of County Commissioners has an obligation to ensure that Colorado’s new oil and gas regulations are applied to Great Western’s Ivey drilling site. These new regulations set the strictest standards to protect public health, safety, and welfare. If these new standards are not enforced, particularly the new setbacks of 2000′ from homes, our communities will be at risk of toxic and dangerous industrial drilling. See our letter to Adams County Commissioners here.
The Commissioners have an obligation to:
- ENFORCE NEW LAND USE AUTHORITY
- ENFORCE NEW STATE REGULATIONS
- HONOR HUNDREDS OF PUBLIC COMMENTS OPPOSING THE SITE
- HONOR ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOL DISTRICT 12 OBJECTIONS
Colorado Rising has filed a Declaratory Judgment Complaint on behalf of ACCDAN, a local neighborhood group. The Declaratory Judgment seeks to:
- Invalidate Colorado’s forced pooling statute. Eliminating the forced pooling statute would prevent the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) and private oil & gas companies (such as Great Western) from forcing mineral owners to give their private mineral property, without consent, to oil and gas operators;
- Find that Adams County is required to enforce and that Great Western’s Ivey project is in not in compliance with the “stricter standards” of state law and regulations, as required by a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Adams County and Great Western.
In addition, ACCDAN is further seeking a Preliminary Injunction that would immediately halt Great Western’s operations on the Ivey Site. The Preliminary Injunction seeks to: a) prevent the COGCC and Great Western from force pooling mineral owners without their consent; and b) prevent Great Western from any further drilling until its operations come into compliance with the “stricter standards” of state law and regulations.
GREAT NEWS! The Court granted our request for an expedited hearing! The hearing will take place on February 17, 2021.
Sign up to receive the latest updates and breaking news regarding the Ivey Site:
“OIL AND GAS LOCATIONS SHOULD BE AS FAR AWAY FROM HOMES AS POSSIBLE…” -ADAMS COUNTY COMMISSIONER STEVE O’DORISIO (DENVER BUSINESS JOURNAL)
Neighborhoods & schools directly impacted by Ivey’s industrial drilling operationS: (# of homes within 1300′ of well pad)
✔ Fairfield (108 Homes)
✔ Orchard Farms (308 Homes)
✔ Trailside (280 Homes)
✔ Lake Avery (70 Homes)
✔ Wadley Farms (60 Homes)
✔ Eastcreek Farm (276 Platted Homes)
✔ North Creek (432 Homes)
✔ Haven at York St. (522 Homes)
✔ Hunters Glen (416 Homes)
✔ Peach Tree at the Lake (142 Homes)
✔ Quail Valley (412 Homes)
✔ Silver Creek Elementary, Rocky Top Middle, Stargate K-12, Little Lights Preschool