Give Comment: COGCC Wellbore Integrity Rulemaking
February 26 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Give public comment at the COGCC rulemaking hearing about Wellbore Integrity. Read the COGCC’s draft of the rules here. Please prepare a 2-3 minute comment that can be read from your phone or from papers. If you can not attend in person, please email comments here.
- Date: Feb 26
- Time: 9am
- Location: Adams County Govt Center, Public Hearing Room (4430 S Adams County Pkwy, Brighton)
FYI: This is what Boulder County and other allied local governments say about this Wellbore Integrity Rulemaking.
FYI: This is the framework that the COGCC has for the wellbore rulemaking: Wellbore Integrity Rulemaking: “The commission shall promulgate rules to ensure proper wellbore integrity of all oil and gas production wells. In promulgating the rules, the Commission shall consider incorporating recommendations from the State Oil and Gas Regulatory Exchange and shall include provisions to:
- (a) address the permitting, construction, operation, and closure of production wells;
- (b) require that wells are constructed using current practices and standards that protect water zones and prevent blowouts;
- (c) enhance safety and environmental protections during operations such as drilling and hydraulic fracturing;
- (d) require regular integrity assessments for all oil and gas production wells, such as surface pressure monitoring during production; and
- (e) address the use of nondestructive testing of weld joints.”
- February 26
9:00 am - 11:00 am